Kyle and I snuck away this weekend and went to Chris's race in North Carolina.
Chris had a good race... he finshed 13th. I think there were over 300 racers. He was involved in a wreck during the start of race and that got him behind at the start. It was a day of many wrecks... I saw one rider wreck right in front of us. I looked away as his body was flying through the air. Then Chris wrecked in that exact same spot just a few minutes later. Kyle took off running to help him, I just turned my head and prayed. He took out a fence but was fine.
There was a nice size jump in the race. If you took the jump, you were able to pass quite a few people who were having to go around it. (Not many people were jumping!) While we were watching that section of the race we saw 2 other riders jump it. They each hit hard...one had parts fly of of his bike and the other hit hard on his chin and his mouth piece got knocked out. Once again.. I was nervous. I just knew Chris would jump it and he did 3 out of the 4 laps. He came down HARD and knocked his chin. Thankfully, he ended the race in one piece. I think 1 rider broke his collar bone, one w/ broken ribs and another one taken out on a stretcher.
Chris had a good race... he finshed 13th. I think there were over 300 racers. He was involved in a wreck during the start of race and that got him behind at the start. It was a day of many wrecks... I saw one rider wreck right in front of us. I looked away as his body was flying through the air. Then Chris wrecked in that exact same spot just a few minutes later. Kyle took off running to help him, I just turned my head and prayed. He took out a fence but was fine.
There was a nice size jump in the race. If you took the jump, you were able to pass quite a few people who were having to go around it. (Not many people were jumping!) While we were watching that section of the race we saw 2 other riders jump it. They each hit hard...one had parts fly of of his bike and the other hit hard on his chin and his mouth piece got knocked out. Once again.. I was nervous. I just knew Chris would jump it and he did 3 out of the 4 laps. He came down HARD and knocked his chin. Thankfully, he ended the race in one piece. I think 1 rider broke his collar bone, one w/ broken ribs and another one taken out on a stretcher.
Chris and his adorbale wife Rachel.
The start of the race - dirt clouds were everywhere in the sky.
This was Chris landing one of his jumps.. down the hill and over the creek.
I think the post-race recap w/Chris might be one of Kyle's favorite parts of the day.

No comments:
Post a Comment