Saturday, January 12, 2008

Happiest Place on Earth ~ Getting ready

It is not a secret that we love going to Disney World. Have you seen that commercial where the kids are so excited to go that they can't sleep...and the parents are too? Yep, that's us. Last night, we started the count down. Addie and Jace both made a vacation chain. Each link represents one day until we leave. On each link, we write something they are looking forward to doing while in Florida. Every night we will remove a link and the kids will get a visual answer to "how many more days?"





Addie had to put on her new sleeping beauty dress and Jace has the wig on to his Jack Sparrow outfit. LOL! They are really looking forward to the Princess and Pirate party.


The kids had no problem filling up the links! Jace's activities range from See Mickey Mouse, ride the Buzz Lightyear ride...to kiss Cinderella! Addie wants to see all the princesses, ride spacemountain and play in the pool.

For me, the antipication of getting there is amazing! It's a rush! I'm not sure how many times I have been to the Magic Kingdom... 15 maybe. Everytime is as magical as the first. I love it! Kyle and I first went to Disney World together when we were 16. I couldn't wait to take Addie when she was 1. Jace beat us all by going when he was about 9 weeks old. This will be Addie's 7 or 8th trip and Jace's 4th.

I remember Addie's first trip. We went to Florida and stayed with Kyle's Grandpa and Grandma Lancaster. They lived about 20 minutes from Orlando. We miss Richard so much! Boy, did he love Addie. He called her "peaches". I will never forget how his eyes would light up when she walked in the room. And even though he passed away when she was 2 1/2, she still remembers that. She still talks about him and a couple months ago she had a dream about him.

The morning of her first trip to see Mickey, we got up early and he and Maw got up to see us off. He took me aside handed me money and said "Make it extra special for her." That night when we got home, he couldn't wait to hear all the details. He was sitting in the recliner and Addie climbed up on his lap. I remember taking a picture - I'll have to see if I can scan that in!

Addie was always a Grandpas girl. She loved sitting on his lap in church. So, every time we go to Florida we always talk about Richard a little more than usual. He is missed very much!

No comments:

About Me

Be prepared to read the boring details of a happily married christian. I have been married to Kyle, my high school sweetheart, for over 8 years. We have two wonderful..yet very active children. Addison is 6 and Jace just turned 3. I am the Director of Business Administration for Ronald Lane, Inc. I have the freedom to work around school activities. We are HUGE Disney fans. I love seeing the look on Addie's face as she sees Cinderella or how excited Jace gets to see Mickey Mouse. Kyle and I made our first trip to Disney World TOGETHER when we were 16 years old. Since then we have visited the park at least 8 times .