Sunday, July 6, 2008

Weekend report

Friday morning - we departed for a weekend at the lake! It's a good thing we have a house boat cause it rained all day and all night! The fish were biting though and Kyle and the kids were able to catch enough fish for a fish fry. (I was able to start and finish a whole book!)

Saturday - We hung out w/ our friends Lelia and Jimmy and their 2 kids. All 4 kids were in the lake swimming for over 4 hours straight! It was a perfect and beautiful day!!!! Jiimy's boat broke down that day and he said he hoped he didn't jinx out boat.

Sunday - My mom join us on the lake... via jet ski!!! We were amazed to see her show up on the back of that jet ski! She was our night and shinning armour bringing help... cause we had broke down out on the lake. Yep, we blame it on Jimmy's jinx! (hehe) The starter had went out on the boat.

It's funny how perfectly God works.... Just as a said a prayer that we might be able to get help. I got a couple bars on the cell phone and I called my mom. She had just arrived at the marina...we didn't even know she was there. So, I told her to look around and see if she saw anyone we knew. And just then a couple of our friends from church walked by her. They came and gave us a tow back to the marina. But not before we had a nice afternoon.

Kyle was a little worried but after checking prices on-line the starter should be a cheap fix! However, he has sealed the deal on a jet ski. He has been wanting one for a while now. Actually, we both have been wanting one but couldn't commit to another sea vessel. LOL! But after today, we are getting one. Cause one of us could have just jumped on the jet ski and pulled the boat back to the marina our self. Anyone have a jet ski for sale?

I have major sea legs. I am swaying right now as I type. I almost fell over while taking a shower. 55 straight hours on the boat and I am suffering from crazy sea legs!!!

No comments:

About Me

Be prepared to read the boring details of a happily married christian. I have been married to Kyle, my high school sweetheart, for over 8 years. We have two wonderful..yet very active children. Addison is 6 and Jace just turned 3. I am the Director of Business Administration for Ronald Lane, Inc. I have the freedom to work around school activities. We are HUGE Disney fans. I love seeing the look on Addie's face as she sees Cinderella or how excited Jace gets to see Mickey Mouse. Kyle and I made our first trip to Disney World TOGETHER when we were 16 years old. Since then we have visited the park at least 8 times .